Thursday 14 June 2018

Welcome to EVN Chronicles!

Hello and welcome to EVS Chronicles, the (soon, hopefully) prime source of reviews, news and commentary about the Western-made visual novels and the OELVN market! 

This blog is a continuation of my previous project, the Pride of the West community blog published on the Fuwanovel Forums - one that was created explicitly to popularize and promote OELVNs within the core visual novel fan community and challenge its heavy pro-JP VN biases. Before establishing this site, I've published over 30 reviews, interviews and editorials and spent countless hours discussion Western VNs on Fuwanovel and other sites.

Still, this core mission never really changed. I hope to bring the same positive message that was once targeted specifically towards Fowanovel to the broader audience and promote the industry I genuinely love for its inclusiveness, creativity and passion.

Of course, every semi-amateur industry has its share of problems and bad actors - I will not shy away from criticizing negative practices and exposing bad VNs and shovelware-spewing developers within the EVN scene. I will try however, to the best on my abilities and whenever it's appropriate, to keep the criticism in the fun and lighthearted tone, one that doesn't go into insulting the creators or the games themselves.

In the coming months, you can expect this release schedule for new content:
  • Every Friday - a brand new review, top-list or developer interview
  • Every Wednesday - reposts of the old articles previously published on Fuwanovel 
The first post will show up tomorrow, after that, I will hopefully be able to deliver new content on the weekly basis. You can also expect news posts and blog-related announcements on different days of the week.

Also, if you want to be updated on my activities without, be sure to follow me on Twitter and follow my Steam Curator page, which offers recommendations for the games I included in my posts.

I hope you'll be willing to join me in this journey through the world of Western-produced VNs - I promise, it will be worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.