Tuesday 25 September 2018

Vacation + State of the Blog update



Welcome again to my humble blog!

It's been three months already since I've started posting my reviews outside of Fuwanovel Forums and it's been quite an intense period, both in my fan activities and in my personal life. Still, I'm quite satisfied with the direction things are going and I'm definitely not planning to slow down any time soon.
         The first thing I'm particularly happy about is that I've been able to sort out the visual side of EVN Chronicles, which I struggled with for literal months - I'm sure I'll be still changing it a lot in the future, but for the first time I look at the frontpage with a bit of satisfaction and without worrying what kind of impression it will give to the visitors (in other words, I no longer think that everyone that sees my site once will run away screaming and never come back to it again).
I might never surpass my role model in visual and website design, Oliver Age 24, but I'm getting there!
Also, I'm quite satisfied with the content I was putting out since the rebranding - while my shovelware reviews are a bit more of a relaxed, trashy format, making them is both a lot of fun and gave me time to tackle some more involved projects, which are already coming to fruition (like the series about ebi-hime's work) or will happen in near future. I have a huge ambition of thoroughly covering this year's Yuri Game Jam, checking out and reviewing all the more-interesting VNs that show up in the contest. I'll most likely get to releasing that post in November, rather than directly after the jam is over, considering I'll need some time to go over it all, but nonetheless, I'll be working on it for some time, doing my best to not miss anything worthwhile. It'll be quite a task, but I'm definitely looking forward to it.
Gay games = best games (it's official!)
Other than that, I'm quite satisfied with how other parts of my online presence are growing - the Steam Curator site and the Twitter are still small, but I see the numbers rising over time and know that my work doesn't go completely unnoticed. And while this gives me quite a lot of energy to work on the site, basically for the first time since I've started posting on the Fuwanovel blog in December, I'll be going for a week-long vacation, from tomorrow till next Wednesday. While I might not feel like taking a break, my family wanted me to be with them on that one and I don't want to disappoint. For this reason, this and next week's reposts of my old articles will be moved to a later date. Friday's post will show up as usual and it's quite a cool one, if I can say so myself.

...and this is basically it! For the coming months, I'll be going forward with more or less the same rhythm I've established so far and I hope you'll enjoy my content. There are many interesting games I still want to cover this year and the next one looks only more interesting. So, if you got this far, thank you for your time and I hope I'll see you in my next post. Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.